What will you learn today?
Today I′ll post some exercises, please read Lesson No. 1 before answering.
Complete each pair of sentences using the same verb (in question form or negative if necessary) from the list. Use the present continuos; if this is not possible,use the present simple.
List of verbs: Attract, consist of, doubt, feel, fit,have, like, look, measure, sound
- a. I hear you′re having your house repainted. How__ it ___? (or How ___ it _____?)
- b. I bought this new dress today. How ___ it _____?
- a. What are you doing with that ruler? I________ the area of the kitchen
- b. The garden ______ 12 by 20 meters
- a. I _______ whether I′ll get another chance to retake the exam.
- b. I suppose she might be at home tonight, but I __________ it?
- a. The new science museum currently ____________ 10,000 visitors a month.
- b. Flowers ____________ bees with their brightly-coloured petals.
- a. Carlos won′t work at the top of the 20-storey building
- b. A: How′s the new job? B: Well, at the moment
- a. My car′s in the garage today. They ______ new brakes
- b. I bought this jumper for Anna, but it _____ her so I′ll have to take it back
- a. What′s your shirt made from? It ______ like silk
- b. I won′t be coming to work todat. I ______ very well
- a. The roof of the house ______ only plastic sheets nailed down in a few places
- b. Their school uniform ____ black trousers and dark green jumper
- a. Simon′s new song ______ quite good, but he doesn′t think he′s ready yet to perform it in public.
- b. A: What′s that noise? B: It_______ like a bird stuck in the chimney.
- a. Poulson _____ treatment for a knee injury, but should be fit to play on Saturday.
- b. My sister _____ long blonde hair. You′re bound to recognise her.
- Storey UK, US story: A level of a building
- cross sth out (phrasal verb) [M]
- to draw a line through something you have written, usually because it is wrong. Example: If you think it′s wrong, cross it out and write it again.